This Kale Caesar Pasta Salad is creamy, refreshing and filling! Perfect for lunch or a summer side dish. It’s easy to make and packed with healthy ingredients.
I meant to post this Kale Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe before Memorial Day weekend but time got a way from me. But, it’s an easy and delicious pasta salad that can be enjoyed all year round! It’s a variation of traditional Caesar salad, but with pasta, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes and kale instead of romaine. It’s so good!
Last week I shared my recipe for Bruschetta Pasta Salad and I’m honestly having a hard time deciding which of these recipes I like better! Both have so many delicious ingredients and can be served warm or cold.
What You’ll Need For This Kale Caesar Pasta Salad
- Pasta – You can use any kind of pasta you like: regular, whole wheat or gluten free. I would recommend using something bite sized. I happened to have some bowties and penne so I mixed them together and it worked great.
- Kale – Traditional Caesar salad is made with crunchy romaine lettuce. I happen to love kale though so I made this recipe using kale instead. It is nice and hearty and stands up well to the pasta and dressing.
- Croutons – You can use store-bought or homemade. I just bought a package of caesar croutons and they worked great. They soften up a little after being mixed with the dressing so they have a really nice texture.
- Caesar Dressing – Again, you can use store-bought or homemade. I used store-bought because it was much easier for me since I don’t have a go-to homemade recipe that I use regularly.
- Chickpeas – I realize there are a lot of carbs in this pasta salad, haha, but I love the taste and texture they add. You can easily omit them if you like though.
Caesar Pasta Salad
I love this pasta salad for a few reasons:
- It’s really easy to make – The only cooking you have to do is making the pasta and crisping up the chickpeas. Other than that, you just add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together. Using store-bought croutons and dressing really helps cut down on the preparation time!
- You can enjoy it warm or cold – You can eat the pasta immediately after making it or it can be refrigerator for 3-4 days. Using kale instead of lettuce really helps it stand up in the refrigerator better.
- It’s great for lunch or a side dish – When I made this recipe we enjoyed it for both lunch and dinner! It would also be great as a BBQ, picnic or potluck side dish.