This Bruschetta Pasta Salad is easy to make and perfect for summer! It’s so fresh tasting with cherry tomatoes and basil!
Is it feeling like summer where you live yet? It’ been in the low 80s here lately and it feels hot! I just planted some cherry tomato and basil seeds so I’m looking forward to making this Easy Bruschetta Pasta Salad all summer long 🙂
Tomato and basil are two flavors that just happen to go so perfectly together. And, they’re even better when you add some fresh garlic and balsamic vinegar! This pasta salad is so easy to make, you will want to eat it all the time.
What Is Bruschetta?
Traditionally, bruschetta is sliced bread toasted with olive oil and topped with a mixture of tomato, garlic, basil and balsamic vinegar. It’s a summery dish and usually eaten as an appetizer, but I could be perfectly happy enjoying it for a meal! In this Bruschetta Pasta Salad I use pasta instead of bread and it’s a great dish to enjoy for lunch or bring to a potluck!
What You’ll Need For This Easy Pasta Salad Recipe
- Pasta – You can use any type of pasta you have on hand. Even spaghetti noodles would work.
- Tomato – I used cherry tomatoes because they’re sweet and bite size but you could also dice up a regular tomato.
- Basil – Fresh basil is super important in this recipe. It gives it such great flavor.
- Garlic – Again, fresh garlic is important here, rather than using garlic powder.
- Balsamic Vinegar – Make sure you are using the actual vinegar and not the vinaigrette.
- Parmesan Cheese – The parmesan is optional in this recipe but I love how it mixes with the sauce and coats the noodles! You could also use vegan parmesan cheese.
Three Steps To This Easy Bruschetta Pasta Salad Recipe
- I like to make the bruschetta first so it has a little time to marinate together before mixing it with the pasta. All you do is mix together the tomato, basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic and a pinch of salt. Let sit in a bowl while you’re cooking the pasta and mix it up every few minutes to make sure the sauce gets all over the tomatoes.
- Make your pasta. You just want to cook your pasta according to package directions. Then you drain it, rinse it with cold water, and shake off all the excess you can.
- Add your bruschetta to the cooked pasta and mix until combined. Then add in your parmesan cheese and gently mix.
This pasta salad is so easy to make and can last in the refrigerator for about 3 days. It is best served room temperature making it the perfect summer BBQ or potluck recipe.