This Gnocchi Lasagna Bake is such a great quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipe! It only takes 30 minutes to make and is perfect for a last minute weeknight meal.
I’m not gonna lie, this Gnocchi Lasagna Bake is not a light dish, whatsoever. It’s loaded with potato gnocchi, creamy ricotta, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. It’s not light, but it is perfect winter comfort food! And it only takes 30 minutes to make, so there’s that!
I’m trying to do more recipes that use minimal ingredients and don’t take much time. I came up with this Gnocchi Lasagna Bake when it was 5:00, my husband was going to be home in 30 minutes and I had no idea what I was going to make for dinner.
I searched the pantry and refrigerator about ten times before I realized that I had ingredients for this delicious dinner!
What You’ll Need For This Gnocchi Lasagna Bake Recipe:
- Veggies – I just happened to have a zucchini and purple onion lying around but you can add any veggies you like! If I had a green or red pepper I would have thrown that in too. Spinach or kale would be great as well.
- Gnocchi – I love using potato gnocchi for a super fast and easy dinner, so I always try to make sure I have a box lying around. I just use packaged potato gnocchi but you could definitely use homemade if you like.
- Cheese – I’ve been testing a vegetarian lasagna recipe (that I hope to share with you soon!) so I just happened to have both ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese in the refrigerator. I kept the ricotta cheese plain, but you could add some herbs to if you like.
- Tomato Sauce – I always have at least one jar of tomato sauce lying around and it usually comes in handy when I’m feeling lazy. Crushed tomatoes would work as well.
As I said above, this is a pretty rich dish. I enjoyed serving it with a green salad tossed with a tangy salad dressing, to help cut some of the richness. I also served ours with some crusty bread to add a little texture since the gnocchi lasagna bake itself doesn’t have too many different textures in it. I did let the zucchini stay a little crunchy though and that gave it a nice bite.
How To Make 30 Minute Gnocchi Lasagna Bake:
- You start by sautéing up your veggies. You can add any veggies you like, I just happened to have a zucchini and onion on hand. It’s nice to leave them a little bit crunchy to give the lasagna bake some texture.
- You then add the gnocchi and cook for another few minutes until the gnocchi is browned a little bit.
- Turn off the heat and add the tomato sauce and mix everything together.
- Lastly, top off with a handful of shredded cheese and a few spoonfuls of ricotta cheese. Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted.
It really is so easy to make and only requires a few ingredients!
We’re starting to have really nice fall weather here and I’ve already broken out the sweaters and pants. This Gnocchi Lasagna Bake is the perfect quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipe to add to your weekly meal plan!Print
This Gnocchi Lasagna Bake is quick and easy to make but also so filling and comforting! It’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups tomato sauce, or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place an oven safe pan over medium heat and add olive oil, zucchini, onion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are beginning to soften, 5 minutes.
- Add gnocchi to the pan, mix until combined and cook until gnocchi is starting to brown, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add tomato sauce and mix again until everything is combined. Top with grated cheese and then drop the ricotta cheese in spoonfuls on top. Place in the oven and bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. I like to turn it to broil for a minute at the end to brown the cheese a little bit.
- Garnish with fresh herbs before serving, if desired.