This Gnocchi Lasagna Bake is quick and easy to make but also so filling and comforting! It’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups tomato sauce, or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place an oven safe pan over medium heat and add olive oil, zucchini, onion and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are beginning to soften, 5 minutes.
- Add gnocchi to the pan, mix until combined and cook until gnocchi is starting to brown, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add tomato sauce and mix again until everything is combined. Top with grated cheese and then drop the ricotta cheese in spoonfuls on top. Place in the oven and bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. I like to turn it to broil for a minute at the end to brown the cheese a little bit.
- Garnish with fresh herbs before serving, if desired.