- 1 ball of pizza dough or pre-made pizza crust, gluten free if necessary (see link above for my favorite gluten free pizza crust recipe!)
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Black pepper
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I used a mix of white cheddar and smoked gouda
- Small handful thinly sliced red onions
- Fresh cilantro leaves for topping
- Cut the top off of the spaghetti squash, cut in half, lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Scrape the meat out of the squash with a metal spoon. It will come out in small pieces and you should get about 1 1/2 – 2 cups. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil, spaghetti squash and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook spaghetti squash until tender and cooked through, 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to required pizza dough temperature. Pre-cook pizza dough if necessary. Spread the BBQ sauce on the pizza crust in an even layer and sprinkle on a small handful of cheese. Next, top with spaghetti squash, the remaining cheese and the red onion. Bake pizza until crust is cooked through and cheese is melted. Top with fresh cilantro leaves just before serving
You may want to decrease or increase ingredient amounts depending on the size of your pizza. My pizza was about 14 inches.