These Make Ahead Bean Burritos are perfect for stocking the freezer with for a quick and easy meal anytime!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 (15 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed (or about 3 cups)
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup cooked rice, white or brown
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6–8 large tortillas
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Cook onion until softened, 3-5 minutes. Next add all the remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Cook until heated through, 7-10 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and let mixture cool completely.
- Lay out your tortilla and in the middle add 1/2 – 1 cup burrito mixture. How much you add will depend on how large your tortillas are and how big your want your burritos to be. I had large tortillas and added about 3/4 cup mixture to them.
- Form the mixture into a little log in the middle of the tortilla and fold the sides over. Then roll up your burrito kind of like you are wrapping a present. You may need to cut off any excess tortilla at the bottom if they are really large.
- Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap and then store in a freezer friendly container for up to 3 months.
- Cook burritos from frozen: Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 40 minutes, flipping once, until heated through. Microwave on high for 5-7 minutes. Cook in a sauté pan until browned and heated through, 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Cook burritos from thawed: Bake in a 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping once, until heated through. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Cook in a saute pan until browned and heated through, about 10 minutes on each side.