These Best Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins are packed with tons of apples and warm cinnamon! They’re also refined sugar free and great for breakfast or snacks.
- 2 1/3 cup all purpose flour, or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, use refined if you don’t want any coconut taste
- 1 heaping cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, grated with the water squeezed out
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, applesauce and maple syrup. Mix until combined with an electric mixer and then add the vanilla extract and eggs, one by one, and mix again.
- In two batches, add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix well between each addition.
- Stir in the grated apples and make sure everything is combined well.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to scoop the muffin mixture into the muffin tin. You should get 12 muffins.
- Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let muffins cool on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes before eating. If you try to eat them immediately they will stick to the liners.
Muffins are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They hold up ok on the kitchen counter but don’t last quite as long.
Muffins can be frozen in a freezer friendly container for up to 3 months