The Best Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins you will ever eat! They’re packed with applesauce and fresh apples and tons of warm cinnamon! They’re great for breakfast, snacks and dessert!
I promise that I don’t use the word “Best” lightly here! These really are the Best Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins! They’re soft, moist and packed with so much delicious apple flavor! They’re also refined sugar free and you can easily make them vegan.
We are big muffin eaters around here. Like, I make a batch of them and they’re usually gone in a few days. I’ve tested these Best Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins quite a few times now so I told my husband he could take these ones to share with his co-workers.
But, then I took them out of the oven, had a bite and told him we were actually keeping them here haha. Which is probably a huge mistake because I can’t stay away from them!
Eli really likes them too though and they’re packed with applesauce and apples so he’s getting some fruit servings in. They’re also great for snacking on the go.
I know the term “healthy” can be a bit controversial. What’s healthy for someone isn’t always healthy for everyone. When I call these healthy muffins I’m calling them that because they’re packed with tons of apples, made with coconut oil and unrefined sugars (coconut sugar and pure maple syrup).
Tips for these Best Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins:
- I used all purpose flour but you can also use whole wheat flour if you like. A good gluten free 1:1 blend would probably also work.
- I used eggs but you can also use flax or chia eggs.
- I grated my apples because when I diced them up my son picked them all out even though he does like apples. You can most certainly use small diced apples if you like though.
- You can use whatever kind of apple you like, I prefer Granny Smith when baking.
- I squeezed all the water out of the grated apples so I didn’t add any unnecessary liquid to the recipe. If you dice your apples that is not needed.
- I like to use unrefined coconut oil because it doesn’t make your baked goods taste like coconut.