- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight or boiled for 30 minutes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain, un-sweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until sauce is creamy, 30 seconds – 1 minute. If desired you can heat cheese sauce in a saucepan or microwave before serving.
- Serve sauce with chips or in place of any dairy cheese sauce in a recipe.