This creamy and flavorful cheese sauce is made with pumpkin and cashews and is so delicious you will want to make it all year long!
Would you just look at this cheese sauce?! Pure magic! Over the past few years I’ve been forced to give up dairy quite a few times which in turn has led me to experiment with making “cheese” sauces out of all kinds of different things.
This pumpkin cheese dip is by far my favorite and I plan on making it even when pumpkin season is long gone! This time I’m giving up dairy because I’m pretty sure that Elijah struggles with acid reflux and I will do anything to have a happy, pain free baby.
But, just because I’m not eating dairy doesn’t mean I should be deprived of delicious “cheesy” sauces. It’s football season and you better believe that if I’m sitting in front of the t.v watching football that there is going to be some chips and dip in my mouth.
This vegan pumpkin cheese dip made with cashews that have been soaked, pumpkin puree and lots of delicious spices that make this vegan cheese dip the best ever!
It’s so flavorful and is a perfect dip for chips as well as a sauce that can replace regular cheese sauce in most recipes 🙂Print
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight or boiled for 30 minutes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain, un-sweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until sauce is creamy, 30 seconds – 1 minute. If desired you can heat cheese sauce in a saucepan or microwave before serving.
- Serve sauce with chips or in place of any dairy cheese sauce in a recipe.