- 2 cups small diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 2–3 basil leaves cut in a chiffonade
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, or honey
- 1 small pinch salt
- 1 small pinch black pepper
- 4 large tortillas, gluten free if necessary
- 7 ounce wheel of brie cheese*
- Butter or oil for cooking
- Add the strawberries to a medium sized bowl. In a small cup, wisk together the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Pour mixture over the strawberries and then stir in the basil and pecans. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and grease if desired. Cut the brie into thin slices. Lay out a tortilla and fill half of it with the cheese slices. Fold the other half of the tortilla over and place in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla has browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Spoon strawberry salsa on top of quesadillas just before serving.
*You can cut the rind off the cheese if you would like, but it is not necessary.