- 1 large pear
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 pound brie cheese or 1 small round, cut into slices with rind removed
- 10–12 slices of toast, whatever kind of bread you like (gluten free if necessary)
- Honey, for topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the pear in half and cut out the seeds and core. Cut the pear into thin slices. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add coconut oil or butter. Add the pear slices, salt, and thyme leaves and cook until pears are tender and browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the bread slices on a large cookie sheet and place into the oven for about two minutes, just to toast the bread a little bit. Take the toast out of the oven and top each one with slices of brie. Place back into the oven until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Top each toast with pear slices (about two each) and then garnish with thyme leaves and drizzle with honey.