Oh my goodness, please tell me I’m not the only one who just realized that Christmas is in 4 days and freaked out! Wasn’t Thanksgiving just yesterday?! I haven’t bought any Christmas presents yet and I feel completely unprepared to cook an entire Christmas feast in just a few days.
It’s funny because I really love Christmas. Like, love it so much that I’ve been listening to Christmas music non-stop for weeks now and I could fall asleep every night just staring at our Christmas tree. But I feel like I’ve been so busy lately that I completely forgot to buy any Christmas presents and I haven’t even thought about our Christmas menu yet. I keep trying to convince the husband that we should just make a huge homemade Christmas pizza this year, but unfortunately he isn’t going for that!
One thing I haven’t forgotten about is Christmas appetizers though! Isn’t it a rule that you are supposed to eat so many delicious appetizers on Christmas that you are way to full to enjoy any turkey or mashed potatoes?! That is the rule I’m following this year and I am starting with these awesome Brie & Pear Toasts with Thyme & Honey! Toasts like these make me realize that I don’t have nearly enough brie in my diet. Brie cheese is so creamy and delicious and goes perfectly with the pears. The thyme and honey just add an even more awesome extra touch.
So, if you are looking for a last minute Christmas appetizer, you have come to the right place!Print
- 1 large pear
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 pound brie cheese or 1 small round, cut into slices with rind removed
- 10–12 slices of toast, whatever kind of bread you like (gluten free if necessary)
- Honey, for topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the pear in half and cut out the seeds and core. Cut the pear into thin slices. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add coconut oil or butter. Add the pear slices, salt, and thyme leaves and cook until pears are tender and browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the bread slices on a large cookie sheet and place into the oven for about two minutes, just to toast the bread a little bit. Take the toast out of the oven and top each one with slices of brie. Place back into the oven until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Top each toast with pear slices (about two each) and then garnish with thyme leaves and drizzle with honey.