This Broccoli Cheese Casserole is low carb, keto friendly and so delicious! Enjoy as a side or main dish!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cups broccoli florets, small diced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cauliflower rice, or about 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, I used sharp white cheddar, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup diced toasted almonds, I blended mine in a food processor
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a large, oven safe, pan over medium heat and add one teaspoon olive oil, broccoli and a pinch of salt. Cook until broccoli is tender, 10 minutes. Remove broccoli from pan, add remaining one teaspoon olive oil and shallot. Cook until shallot is starting to brown and then add garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Add in cauliflower rice, mix together and cook until heated through. Add broccoli, almond milk and 1 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and mix until everything is combined. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and chopped almonds. Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 25-30 minutes.