These Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos are crispy, spicy and refreshing! They’re easy to make and so full of flavor. Perfect for an exciting vegan/vegetarian dinner.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 cup all purpose flour or GF AP flour
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Corn tortillas
- Guacamole for serving, if desired
- 4–6 cups shredded cabbage and carrot
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing, I used my homemade vegan ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, whatever you have on hand
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ranch slaw ingredients, except for the cabbage, to a medium sized bowl and whisk. Next, add in the cabbage mixture and stir again until everything is coated. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Add the flour, granulated garlic, salt and almond milk to a large bowl and mix until a thick batter is formed. Cut the cauliflower into bite size florets and add to the batter.
- Mix until all the cauliflower is coated with the batter. Next, add in the breadcrumbs and stir again until everything is coated.
- Pour the cauliflower onto a large baking sheet and give it a little shake to make sure the cauliflower pieces are spread out and not on top of each other. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Make the buffalo sauce while the cauliflower is baking. Add the hot sauce, butter and maple syrup to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until everything is melted together. Remove cauliflower from the oven and add to a large bowl. Pour sauce over and mix until all the cauliflower is coated. Place back onto the sheet pan and back into the oven and bake for another 7-10 minutes. You can pour the sauce right over the sheet pan instead of transferring to a bowl, but I’ve found it’s easier to get a good coating by adding it to a bowl.
- Assemble your tacos: spread a spoonful of guacamole onto a tortilla and top with a few pieces of the buffalo cauliflower and a little bit of slaw.