These freezer friendly enchilada meal prep bowls are so also healthy and delicious! Gluten free and vegan friendly!
- 1 small head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 corn tortillas, chopped up into small pieces
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Optional toppings: avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, salsa, etc…
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large baking sheet, toss together the cubed butternut squash with the olive oil and spices. Bake butternut squash until for tender, about 40 minutes.
- Make the cauliflower rice while butternut squash is baking. Add the chopped cauliflower to a food processor and blend until it has a rice like texture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or about 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Add cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper. Cook cauliflower until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Assemble bowls: you can either assemble them in a freezer friendly glass or plastic container or a freezer friendly ziplock bag. For each bowl add: 3/4 cup cauliflower rice, 1/3 cup roasted butternut squash, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, 1/4th of the chopped tortilla, 2 tablespoons grated cheese.
- You can either refrigerate the bowls or freeze them for up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat: heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Add desired garnishes before eating.
You may end up with extra cauliflower rice or butternut squash. You can either make an extra bowl or add more to your existing bowls.
If you’re freezing in plastic bags, thaw in the refrigerator or on the counter and then transfer to a microwave/oven safe container before heating.