This Vegetarian Cauliflower Fried Rice is a low carb version of your favorite fried rice! It’s healthy, flavorful and easy to make!
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, or olive oil
- 1 cup small diced carrots
- 3/4 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or tamari (I like to use low sodium)
- Optional garnish: sliced green onion, cilantro, peanuts, cashews
- Cut cauliflower into similar sized pieces. Place in a food processor and blitz 3-4 times, until cauliflower is rice sized. You don’t want to over pack the food processor so you can do it in two batches if you need to.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add oil, carrots and peas. Cook until carrots are tender, 5 minutes. Next, add in the garlic and ginger and stir for about 30 seconds before adding in the cauliflower rice and soy sauce. Cook everything together until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Crack the eggs, add them to a bowl and whisk. You can either add the eggs into the pan and stir until scrambled or you can scramble them in a separate pan and add them into the fried rice.
- Salt, to taste if desired and garnish with green onions.