These Chickpea and Lentil Taco Salad Meal Prep Bowls are healthy, filling and delicious!
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil, or your favorite oil
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or less if desired
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 4 cups mixed greens or chopped lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Other optional toppings: salsa, jalapeños, cilantro, black olives (would add extra WW points)
Crispy Tortilla Strips:
- 4 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- Garlic powder
Greek Yogurt Ranch:
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt, or non-dairy yogurt of choice
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, or chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the tortillas into bite sized thin strips and place on a medium sized sheet pan. Spray with cooking spray and season with garlic powder, paprika and salt. Bake until crispy and just starting to brown, 7-10 minutes. Let cool and then separate into 4 equal portions. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag on the counter.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy. Separate dressing into 4 small containers in equal amounts and store in the refrigerator.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, chickpeas, lentils and all the spices. Mix until combined and cook until heated through (to let the spices develop) about 5 minutes.
- Assemble bowls: I like to use these glass meal prep containers, but you could use any kind you like. In each container add, 1/2 cup chickpea/lentil mixture, 1/2 cup corn, 1 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup tomatoes and 1 tablespoon red onion.
- When ready to eat top with dressing, crispy tortilla strips and any other toppings you desire.
You could also use 2 cups of just chickpeas or just lentils instead of using both.
I would recommend a hearty lettuce, like romaine, iceberg or heart greens like kale and spinach. They will stay fresh longer in your containers.
Each bowl contains 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle points. If you omit the crispy tortillas each bowl has zero points.