These Chili Beans with Vegetables are hearty, flavorful and so easy to make!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (or one whole onion if small)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used one red and one yellow)
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 3 (15 oz) cans beans, drained and rinsed (I used black, pinto and kidney)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil, all the veggies and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the beans, salsa and all the spices. Stir until combined and let cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I served mine over cauliflower rice in this photo but you can enjoy it however you like.