This Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potato Salad is both fresh and filling! It has great smoky and spicy flavors, along with lots of healthy ingredients.
- 4–5 cups small diced sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sized avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup pickled onions, or about 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 heaping cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for roasting sweet potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. I like to wash and peel my sweet potato before dicing it into bite size pieces but you can leave the peel on if you prefer. Add your diced sweet potato to a large sheet pan and drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons avocado oil or olive oil. Add 1 teaspoon cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle powder, paprika and salt and toss everything together until sweet potato is well coated.
- Place in the oven and roast until sweet potato is fork tender, about 30 minutes, flipping once. Remove sweet potato from the oven and let cool.
- Once sweet potato is cooled, add it to a large bowl. Next, add the black beans, tomato, avocado, pickled onions, cilantro, cumin, lime juice and olive oil. Mix until completely combined and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side, Vegan
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potato Salad