- 1 –14 oz block of firm tofu
- 1 dash of tamari, or soy sauce
- 4–6 corn tortillas
- Creamy Asian Rainbow Slaw
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Additional taco toppings: avocado, guacamole, salsa
Miso & Citrus Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon light yellow miso
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Drain the tofu and pat dry. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch chunks and place in a medium sized bowl or baking dish.
- Add all marinade ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until miso is dissolved and everything is combined. Pour marinade over tofu, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Scoop the tofu out of the marinade, with your hand or a slotted spoon, and into the pan. Reserve the leftover marinade. Cook tofu until browned and crispy, 15-20 minutes.
- Assemble the tacos by placing the tofu down first and then spooning over a little bit of the reserved marinade, then top with coleslaw and chopped peanuts. Add any additional taco toppings of your choice.