- 3 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessasry
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried apricots (you could also a different dried fruit if you like, dried blueberries would work really well)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. To a large mixing bowl add the oats, almonds, coconut sugar, hemp hearts, flax, cinnamon and salt. Mix and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir together and cook until just heated, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until all ingredients are equal combined. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and dump the granola mixture on. Use your hands to press out granola in an even layer.
- Bake granola for 40-50 minutes, until edges are just starting to brown. DO NOT STIR GRANOLA AT ALL WHILE BAKING! This will make it so the granola bakes together and creates lots of delicious chunks!
- Once granola is finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. once cooled, use your hands to break the granola up into whatever size chunks you desire. Lastly, add the dried apricot and store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.