- 12 ounces pasta, I used gluten free brown rice pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional, but good for some extra protein)
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, I used a hothouse cucumber
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
Creamy Tahini Sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice of one lemon, about 4 tablespoons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large pot of water over medium heat and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined. Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl along with all the vegetables. Mix well and season with salt, to taste, if desired.
- Pasta can be served immediately or chilled.