The mornings are starting to get a little cooler around here and I think I even feel a crispness in the air. That doesn’t mean that I’m done with summer produce though! I’m still eating all the cherry tomatoes and cold pasta salads that I can get my hands on.
This particular pasta salad combines a few of my favorites: Greek flavors, tahini and pasta!
Most creamy pasta salads are mayo based so I wanted to change it up a little and make one that was dairy free. I do like vegan mayo, but for some reason mayo and pasta just don’t mix for me. So, I decided to throw some tahini in and it tastes delicious. It gives the salad a nice nutty flavor while also making it really creamy!
I hope you all are enjoying the last few weeks of summer and looking forward to fall!Print
- 12 ounces pasta, I used gluten free brown rice pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional, but good for some extra protein)
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, I used a hothouse cucumber
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
Creamy Tahini Sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice of one lemon, about 4 tablespoons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large pot of water over medium heat and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined. Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl along with all the vegetables. Mix well and season with salt, to taste, if desired.
- Pasta can be served immediately or chilled.