These Mediterranean Pasta Salad Bowls are fresh, healthy and delicious! They’re made with whole wheat pasta, chickpeas and lots of veggies! Enjoy for a meal prep lunch or light dinner!
I’ve been into meal prep for a few years now, but I’ve found that it’s super useful when trying to follow a diet (Weight Watchers for me). When I get hungry in the afternoon I feel like I need something immediately and if I don’t have something healthy prepped, then I tend to just grab what’s convenient and not always healthy.
I did Weight Watchers years ago, before I had this blog, and I would just buy frozen meals that had the points listed on the box because it was so easy. But, now that I am more conscious about what I’m eating, I love to make my own pre-made lunches that I know exactly how many points are in them and I can just grab them on the go.
What You’ll Need For This Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe
- Pasta – I used whole wheat pasta for my bowls because it has many more nutrients than white pasta. Since this Mediterranean Pasta Salad has a bunch of chickpeas and veggies I was able to use a little less than one serving of pasta for each bowl. I’m not personally on it, but there is one WW plan where whole wheat pasta is zero points.
- Chickpeas – I love adding chickpeas to Mediterranean style meals but you could also use white beans instead if you like. Or really any other kind of bean you prefer
- Vegetables – You can go as crazy as you want with what vegetables you decide to add. I wanted to go pretty simple so I just used cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, Kalamata olives and fresh mint.
- Feta Cheese or Tofu – Feta cheese would be really good in this pasta salad. I didn’t have any feta cheese and I didn’t really want to add anymore WW points to this recipe so I simply just cut some extra firm tofu into small chunks. It didn’t add flavor, but I liked the texture.
- Dressing – I used a simple homemade red wine vinegar dressing. You could use a store-bought dressing or your favorite homemade dressing. My dressing recipe is just enough for the four bowls, there won’t be any extra, so if you like lots of dressing you can double it.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad For Meal Prep
If you’re making this pasta salad for meal prep, I suggest assembling them in glass meal prep containers. I like these! All you do is equally divide all the ingredients into the four containers, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can dress the salad while assembling or store the dressing separately and dress just before eating.
Pasta Salad For Dinner or Potluck
If you’re making this pasta salad for a dinner or you’re making it to bring to a party or potluck you can just add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined.
I know this pasta salad might be more of a summery recipe, but I’m getting a little sick of the cold and have been craving warm weather lately. I love that this pasta salad is fresh, full of vegetables and holds up well during the week!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad [Meal Prep]
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
These Mediterranean Pasta Salad Bowls are easy to make and great for healthy, vegan meal prep!
- 6 oz whole wheat pasta, I used penne
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 8 Kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup small diced extra firm tofu, vegan feta cheese or regular feta cheese
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced fresh mint
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de Provence, or dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, tofu and mint to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Add salad dressing ingredients to a jar and whisk until combined.
- Assemble bowls: equally divide the pasta, veggie mixture and chickpea into four meal prep containers, or bowls. Divide salad dressing equally into four small dressing containers and store pasta salad and dressing in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Each bowl has 7 Freestyle WW points
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Lunch, Meal Prep
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean Pasta Salad
What could I substitute chick peas for? I love them, but I’m kinda getting bored of them. lol.
She Likes Food says
You could do white beans, baked tofu or tempeh!