These Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes are silky smooth and classically flavored! Perfect for your Thanksgiving table!
- 8–10 cups peeled diced potatoes, Yukon gold or russet work best
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter, I like soy free Earth Balance
- 1/3 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Salt, black pepper and granulated garlic, to taste
- Place cubed potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water. Add a big pinch of salt (optional) and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes until fork tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain potatoes and add them back into the pot.
- Add in the butter, milk and mayo and mash with a potato masher or whip with an electric hand mixer.
- Season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic, to taste and serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve! I like to garnish mine with some fresh herbs and a drizzle of melted butter.
I usually skip this step, but you can melt the butter and milk together in a small saucepan and then add to the warm potatoes so that they don’t bring the mashed potato temperature down.