These Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs are full of flavor and perfect for a holiday side dish!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons vegan butter, I like soy free Earth Balance
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place cubed potatoes into a large pot and cover with cold water. Add a big pinch of salt (optional) and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes until fork tender, 20-25 minutes. Drain potatoes and add them back into the pot.
- In a small pot or saucepan, add the butter, garlic and herbs. Cook until butter is melted and garlic is cooked through. Add garlic butter mixture to the potatoes, along with the almond milk and mashed until desired consistency is reached. Feel free to add extra almond milk if you prefer your potatoes to be thinner.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately! I like to garnish mine with some fresh herbs and a drizzle of melted butter.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 129 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg