A healthier alternative to deep fried french fries that are so easy to make!
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons red Thai curry paste (optional)*
- Salt, to taste, I used about 3/4 teaspoon
Red Thai Curry Ketchup:
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper!). If baking the fries with the red Thai curry past, whisk it together with the coconut oil.
- Cut the potatoes into French fries and toss them together with the coconut oil and salt on the parchment paper.
- Bake fries for 30-35 minutes, flipping once, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- While fries are baking, mix together the ketchup and red Thai curry paste in a small bowl. You can make more or less of ketchup by adjusting amounts, if desired.
- Enjoy fries and ketchup immediately!
*I baked mine with red Thai curry paste mixed into the coconut oil. It didn’t give them a strong flavor but it did help to give them a nice color. It’s totally up to you whether you want to do that or not.