These delicious crispy French fries are baked in the oven instead of deep fried!
I just realized that I try to give you guys tons of easy dinner recipes but I think I’m lacking a little in the side dish department. Today I’m going to try to make up for that! One of my favorite side dishes is French fries and we make them about once a week around here.
These Crispy Oven Baked French Fries are one of my more popular recipes so I decided I would mix it up a little bit and make them with coconut oil and dip them in a super delicious sauce!
Lately, I’ve been experimenting with oils other than olive oil, especially when baking. I always have coconut oil around and figured it would go really well on these fries. It helps makes them super crispy, but doesn’t make them taste like coconut, don’t worry!
My original idea was to mix some red Thai curry past into the coconut oil but it didn’t give the fries as much flavor as I had hoped, so instead I mixed it into the ketchup and it is the best ketchup ever! It’s a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy and oh so flavorful! I’m not sure I ever want to use regular ketchup again 🙂Print
A healthier alternative to deep fried french fries that are so easy to make!
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons red Thai curry paste (optional)*
- Salt, to taste, I used about 3/4 teaspoon
Red Thai Curry Ketchup:
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper!). If baking the fries with the red Thai curry past, whisk it together with the coconut oil.
- Cut the potatoes into French fries and toss them together with the coconut oil and salt on the parchment paper.
- Bake fries for 30-35 minutes, flipping once, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- While fries are baking, mix together the ketchup and red Thai curry paste in a small bowl. You can make more or less of ketchup by adjusting amounts, if desired.
- Enjoy fries and ketchup immediately!
*I baked mine with red Thai curry paste mixed into the coconut oil. It didn’t give them a strong flavor but it did help to give them a nice color. It’s totally up to you whether you want to do that or not.