- 1 1/2 pounds of baby red potatoes
- olive oil
- 2 large avocados
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup yellow corn kernals
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Diced jalapeno, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water and add a large pinch of salt. Place pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes for 15-20 minutes, until they are fork tender, but not falling apart. Drain potatoes and let cool for a few minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cutting board and lay out each of the potatoes. Using a small cup, smash the potatoes to desired thickness. Place another sheet of parchment paper onto a large backing sheet and place smashed potatoes onto sheet. Brush each with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake potatoes until crispy, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooling, make the guacamole. Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed with a sharp knife and then score the avocado and scoop the pieces into a medium sized bowl. Mash avocado to desired consistency using a fork. Then add all of the remaining guacamole ingredients and mix together.
- Just before serving, place a large spoonful of guacamole on top of each potato. Best when served immediately.