This Crispy Teriyaki Cauliflower is easy to make and so delicious! It’s sweet and savory and has great texture.
- 1 medium sized head cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk, or other plant based milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Optional garnishes: sesame seeds, sliced green onion, cilantro
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup tamari, I like to use low sodium
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower into small to medium sized florets. The smaller they are, the crispier they will get.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and almond milk. Add all the cauliflower to the bowl and mix until each floret is coated in batter.
- Next, pour the panko over the cauliflower and mix until cauliflower completely coated with batter and panko.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat and lay cauliflower out. You want to make sure that it’s touching as little as possible and not piled on top of eachother. Bake cauliflower until crispy and starting to brown, 20 minutes, and then remove from oven.
- While cauliflower is baking, add all teriyaki sauce ingredients to a medium sized bowl and whisk. Pour into a saucepan and cook until thickened, 7-10 minutes.
- Pour about 3/4 of the sauce over the baked cauliflower and mix until combined. I find it easier to do by adding the cauliflower to a large bowl, pouring the sauce over and mixing until combined but you could also mix it together on the sheet pan. Place back into the oven for about 10 minutes, until crispy.
- Serve over rice, if desired, and spoon remaining teriyaki sauce over cauliflower just before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner, Vegan
- Method: Stovetop, Oven
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Crispy Teriyaki Cauliflower