This Crispy Teriyaki Cauliflower is sweet and savory with a crunchy outside and tender inside. It has great texture and kids love it too!
If you’ve been around here for a while you may have realized that I’m a little obsessed with crispy cauliflower recipes. When you batter and bread cauliflower florets it gives it such a great taste and texture and is perfect for coating with a sticky, flavorful sauce. This Crispy Teriyaki Cauliflower is so delicious and your entire family will love it!
This crispy teriyaki cauliflower is a veganized version of teriyaki chicken and I wouldn’t be surprised if you were able to trick some people into thinking it was real chicken! My kids call it chicken and have no idea it’s actually cauliflower 😉
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS CRISPY TERIYAKI CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
- Cauliflower – I like to use white cauliflower for this recipe since it most resembles the color of chicken but you could also use purple or yellow. You will want to cut the cauliflower into small florets, the smaller they are, the crispier they will get!
- Batter – I make an easy batter by whisking together flour and almond milk. I also like to add a few spices to make it more flavorful.
- Panko – I love to use panko in this recipe because it’s light and super crispy. You could also use regular breadcrumbs or even crushed up crackers.
- Teriyaki Sauce – I like to use my favorite homemade teriyaki sauce (Stir Fry Sauce) for this recipe and it’s super easy to make. You could also use a bottled teriyaki sauce though.
RECIPE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Does it taste like cauliflower? No! As I said above, my kids think it’s chicken! Cauliflower has a very mild flavor and the coating and sauce completely mask the cauliflower.
- Can I make this ahead of time? It tastes best when fresh out of the oven. I would recommend reheating in the oven for leftovers.
- Can I use broccoli instead of cauliflower? I personally haven’t tried that yet. I think it would work but the texture would be different.
- Can I use store-bought teriyaki sauce? Yes! My recipe is super easy to make but a bottled sauce would definitely work.
- What should I serve this with? I like to serve with rice and top with green onions. You could eat just by itself or serve with your favorite grain.
FILLING PLANT BASED DINNER
If you’re wondering if this meal is very hearty and filling since it’s made with cauliflower instead of chicken, don’t worry! Cauliflower is actually very high in protein and this crispy cauliflower teriyaki will leave you feeling completely satisfied. Cauliflower is also high in fiber and has lots of antioxidants.
Looking for more delicious Crispy Cauliflower Recipes:
- Vegan Orange Chicken
- Sticky Lemon Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Parmesan
- BBQ Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos with Ranch Slaw