These Crispy Tofu Nuggets are super flavorful and easy to make! Great for a snack, appetizer or lunch!
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu, pressed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour, or gluten free
- 1/3 cup plain plant based milk, I used almond
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Dice the tofu into bite size pieces. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add oil and tofu. Cook for about 3 minutes and then add in the tamari, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and garlic powder. Flip tofu and try to make sure it’s all coated with the tamari and seasonings. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and turn the heat off. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, milk and remaining garlic and onion powder. Add the tofu to the batter and toss to coat. Next, pour in the panko, paprika and salt and mix until each piece of tofu is coated with breadcrumbs. Dump the tofu out on a large sheet pan coated with parchment paper or a non-stick mat and make sure no pieces are touching.
- Bake tofu until crispy on all sides, flipping once, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.