These Crunch Asian Peanut Tofu Wraps are packed with veggies, tofu and a delicious and flavorful homemade peanut sauce!
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu, water drained and pressed out
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tamari, or soy sauce (I like to use low sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1–2 teaspoons olive oil, or oil of your choice
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage, or Napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chow mein noodles, optional but gives a good crunch!
- 4–6 large tortillas, whatever kind you like
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup, or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- If you like it spicy you can add a few squirts of Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce.
- Cut the tofu into thin strips, about the size of your thumb. Add the tamari, water, grated ginger and garlic to a medium sized bowl or plastic bag and combine. Next, add the tofu and make sure it is all coated with the marinade. Let tofu sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and the tofu. If you like you can pour a little bit of the marinade over it. Cook until each side of tofu is browned and crispy, 10-12 minutes.
- Add all veggies to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisk until combined.
- If your wraps aren’t very flexible you might want to heat it a little bit before assembling. To each wrap add 3-4 strips of tofu, a big handful of the veggie mixture and about 2 tablespoons chow mien noodles. Drizzle over desired amount of peanut sauce and roll up your wrap and enjoy!