These Crunchy Asian Tofu Peanut Wraps are packed with veggies, tofu and a delicious and flavorful homemade peanut sauce! They’re naturally vegan and easily made gluten free!
We’re to that time of year where school has started for most people and summer is coming to and end. My son is only 2 and stays home with me so we still have a few years before we have to think about kindergarten but seeing all these photos of kids starting preschool and kindergarten makes me want to cry.
I know school is important and it’s great when kids are excited about it but I’m still not ready to think about Eli being away from me for that long! Hopefully I’ll get there at some point though!
So, for now I’m just holding him close, not thinking about kindergarten and enjoying these Crunchy Asian Tofu Peanut Wraps!
I’ve been loving meal prep lunches lately and although I don’t wrap all of these in advance because I don’t want them to get soggy, they are so easy to put together if everything has been prepped ahead of time.
The veggies in here are very hearty so they keep in the refrigerator for quite a few days. The cooked tofu and peanut sauce also stay good for about 4 days. Once you have all of those ingredients prepped you just need to roll them up in a tortilla and enjoy!
I’ve been making these Crunchy Asian Tofu Peanut Wraps so often lately! They’re a great way to get your veggies and protein in for lunch while not leaving you feeling stuffed and tired. If you’re doing low carb you could also ditch the tortilla and use a lettuce wrap or just make it into a big salad!Print
These Crunch Asian Peanut Tofu Wraps are packed with veggies, tofu and a delicious and flavorful homemade peanut sauce!
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu, water drained and pressed out
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tamari, or soy sauce (I like to use low sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil, or oil of your choice
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage, or Napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced red pepper
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chow mein noodles, optional but gives a good crunch!
- 4-6 large tortillas, whatever kind you like
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon tamari, or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup, or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- If you like it spicy you can add a few squirts of Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce.
- Cut the tofu into thin strips, about the size of your thumb. Add the tamari, water, grated ginger and garlic to a medium sized bowl or plastic bag and combine. Next, add the tofu and make sure it is all coated with the marinade. Let tofu sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and the tofu. If you like you can pour a little bit of the marinade over it. Cook until each side of tofu is browned and crispy, 10-12 minutes.
- Add all veggies to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar or small bowl and whisk until combined.
- If your wraps aren’t very flexible you might want to heat it a little bit before assembling. To each wrap add 3-4 strips of tofu, a big handful of the veggie mixture and about 2 tablespoons chow mien noodles. Drizzle over desired amount of peanut sauce and roll up your wrap and enjoy!