These Korean Inspired Tofu Bowls are packed with so much flavor! They’re easy to make and great for lunch, dinner or meal prep.
Do you like tofu? Even before I went vegetarian tofu has always been one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. You can use it in all difference cuisines and it’s even used in some desserts. Today I am sharing these Korean Inspired Tofu Bowls and they’re super flavorful and delicious!
For some reason I’ve been seeing a lot of recipes for Korean beef bowls lately and it inspired me to make my own vegan version using tofu. These bowls are so easy to make and great to have on hand for a quick lunch or dinner.
KOREAN INSPIRED TOFU BOWLS
The reason I am calling these “Korean Inspired” is because I am not Korean and I don’t have a ton of knowledge about Korean cuisine, other than the face that I like to eat it! I did a little research and used ingredients that are easy for most people to get at a regular grocery store. I think these tofu bowls taste really good so I hope you enjoy them too!
TOFU BOWL RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- Tofu – You will want to use extra firm tofu for this recipe. I love to use super firm, pre-pressed tofu but if you can’t find that just make sure to press your tofu for 10-20 minutes to get as much liquid out as you can.
- Vegetables – This recipe is great because it can easily be adapted to the vegetables you have on hand. I used carrot, red bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion. Other vegetables that would be good: cabbage, broccoli, green pepper, cauliflower.
- Garlic and Ginger – It’s important to use fresh garlic and ginger for this recipe, rather than dried. The fresh stuff has so much more authentic flavor and makes this dish so good.
- Soy Sauce – Soy sauce or Tamari will work. I like to use tamari because it’s a little thicker and richer in flavor but soy sauce is great too.
- Maple Syrup – Make sure to use pure maple syrup and not the kind in the plastic bottle in the pancake aisle.
- Chili Sauce – Any kind of chili sauce will work. Sriracha is a popular one. I like to use Sambal Oelek chili paste which is Indonesian.
KOREAN TOFU BOWLS FOR MEAL PREP
I’ve been really into meal prep lately and these Korean Tofu Bowls are perfect to use for meal prep! All you need to do is equally portion out your rice and tofu mixture into four air tight containers and they can be refrigerated for 4-5 days.