These Korean Inspired Tofu Bowls are packed with veggies and tons of delicious flavor!
- 10 oz extra firm tofu, pressed for at least 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms, I used baby Bella
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup diced green onion
- 3 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Sriracha, or other chili sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked rice or quinoa for serving
- Optional garnishes: sesame seeds, green onion, cilantro, extra chili sauce
- Crumble the tofu with your fingers into small bite size pieces. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil, tofu and a pinch of salt. Cook tofu until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove tofu from the pan and add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and all the veggies. Cook veggies until softened and starting to caramelize.
- Add the tofu back in, along with the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, maple syrup and desired amount of chili sauce. Cook until a sauce has formed that coats all the of the tofu and vegetables.
- Serve with a side of rice, or other favorite grain, and top with desired toppings.