This Tofu Broccoli Pasta dinner is a quick and easy 30 minute recipe that’s kid approved! It’s great for an easy weeknight dinner that doesn’t take much effort!
*This Tofu Noodle Broccoli Pasta was originally part of my 30 Minute Dinner Challenge. If you’re interested in joining my new challenge, sign up here!
This Tofu Noodle Broccoli Pasta Recipe is one that my mother made all the time when I was growing up and I’ve continued to make it for my family. It’s really easy to make, you only need minimal ingredients and my kids absolutely love it too!
It’s great because it’s super adaptable. You can add extra veggies if you like and control the seasonings yourself. Leftovers also heat up great for lunches!
TOFU BROCCOLI PASTA INGREDIENTS
- Tofu – You will want to use extra firm tofu for this recipe. It’s important to pat the tofu dry. I have to admit that I don’t always press my tofu but I do make sure it’s extra dry on the outside. My favorite kind of tofu to buy is the super firm kind that actually comes pre-pressed at Sprouts and Trader Joe’s.
- Pasta – You can use any kind of pasta you like for this recipe. I usually use something that is bite sized so that my kids don’t have a problem eating it. Gluten free pasta will work great in this recipe.
- Broccoli – I always prefer fresh broccoli over frozen but either will work for this recipe. You could also add in some peas or other vegetables you like.
- Seasonings – I season my broccoli pasta with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried Italian seasonings and nutritional yeast.
HOW TO MAKE EASY TOFU BROCCOLI PASTA
There are only a few steps to this recipe and they’re all really easy!
- I always start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil and adding in your favorite pasta. When the pasta is just a few minutes from being done you can throw in your broccoli and cook for a little bit longer.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the tofu. For the tofu, I just head a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil, tofu and Tamari, or soy sauce. Cook tofu until browned and crispy. It doesn’t take long at all.
- Lastly, combine the tofu broccoli and pasta together and season! It’s that easy!
THIS IS A KID FRIENDLY VEGETARIAN DINNER RECIPE!
I love this Tofu Broccoli Pasta because it’s made with ingredients that I pretty much always have on hand and it’s an easy healthy dinner that my kids happen to absolutely love! My 4 year old will even request this dinner by name 🙂
I feel good about them getting their plant based protein and vegetable servings from this meal. Both of them have grown up loving broccoli but if your kids don’t like broccoli you can easily sub their preferred vegetable.
Looking for more Vegan 30 Minute Dinner Recipes?Print
This Tofu Broccoli Pasta is an easy and delicious vegan 30 Minute Dinner Recipe!
- 1 lb pasta
- 3–4 cups small diced broccoli
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs, I like herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add your pasta, stir and cook for about 5 minutes. Add in your broccoli and cook until pasta is finished cooking, 5-7 more minutes. Drain and put back into the pot.
- Prepare the tofu while the pasta is cooking. Pat the tofu try and press if desired. I like to buy the pre-pressed tofu because it cuts down on prep time. Cut tofu into bite size pieces. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons olive oil, cubed tofu, tamari and garlic powder. Stir and let cook until tofu has browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tofu to the pasta and broccoli along with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, nutritional yeast, granulated garlic, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!