These Easy Sesame Noodles are made from just a few pantry ingredients and are so flavorful! They only take about 15 minutes to make and are great for a quick and easy vegan dinner.
On Monday we made an easy meal using rice and beans and today we’re using the pasta that I’m sure a lot of you have stocked up on recently. Pasta is something we always have on hand, global crisis or not. It’s easy to make and so versatile. Today I gave it an Asian spin with this Easy Sesame Noodle Recipe.
For me, sesame oil is one of the ingredients that just makes everything taste better. It does have a very strong flavor so you don’t have to use very much, but it’s a very distinct flavor and I love it.
What You’ll Need For This Sesame Noodle Recipe
- Noodles – I used plain old spaghetti noodles because that is what I had on hand and they worked great. You could also use any other kind of long noodle such as: rice noodles, soba noodles, pre-cooked stir fry noodles. Whatever noodle you use, just cook according to package directions and then toss with the sauce.
- Sesame Oil – You will need to use toasted sesame oil for this recipe because it has the best flavor. Unfortunately no other oil can be subbed because it just won’t taste the same at all.
- Soy Sauce – I used regular soy sauce but you could also use low sodium soy sauce or tamari.
- Pure Maple Syrup – You want to make sure you use pure maple syrup and NOT pancake syrup. If you don’t have maple syrup, sugar can be substituted. I would suggest adding about 1/2 teaspoon and then tasting before you add any more.
- Rice Wine Vinegar – You can usually find this in the Asian section of your supermaket. If you don’t have it you can substitute with white vinegar but it will give a little bit different of a taste.
- Garlic & Ginger – I used fresh garlic and ginger because I happened to have them on hand but you can also use dried garlic and ginger instead.
- Sriracha – I made this for myself and my kids so I did not add any sriracha, but if you like heat you can add a few squirts.
How To Make Easy Sesame Noodles
As the recipe states, these sesame noodles are SO easy to make! There’s only a few steps:
- First you cook your pasta according to package directions and then drain.
- While pasta is cooking you add all sauce ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and then stir for a few minutes over low heat.
- Toss with toasted sesame seeds and green onion and you’re done! So easy!
I’m honestly not a huge fan of red sauce on my pasta so I love that this pasta recipe has a light, Asian inspired sauce instead. The sesame sauce only has a few ingredients but you’ll find that it’s super flavorful. My three year old even loved it and kept stealing bites while I was taking these photos 🙂
Please let me know in the comments if you have an abundance of any one ingredient that you would love to see incorporated into a recipe!Print
These Easy Sesame Noodles are so flavorful and only take about 15 minutes to make!
- 8 ounces spaghetti, or long noodle of choice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Sriracha, to taste (optional)
- 1–2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced green onion, 2-3
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, garlic, ginger and sriracha to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Drain pasta and add back to the pot. Pour sauce over pasta and cook for 1-2 minutes over low heat. Add in sesame seeds and green onion and serve.