These Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles are an easy and delicious 20 minute meal that’s packed with so much flavor!
Do you guys remember that Avocado Pesto Recipe I posted a few days ago? As much as I enjoyed eating it straight out of the food processor with a spoon, I decided I should probably put it into an actual recipe 🙂 And, these Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles are perfect!
As you can probably see from the photo, I did add some regular whole wheat pasta into this recipe because as much as I love zucchini noodles, I still need a few carbs in my diet! But, you’re more than welcome to use just zucchini noodles or even just pasta. This Avocado Pesto will make anything taste great!
Reasons to love this Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodle Recipe:
- It’s really easy to make! This recipe only takes about 15 -20 minutes from start to finish which is a huge win in my book!
- It’s light and refreshing! As I said in my Avocado Pesto post, I don’t like the taste of avocado that has been warmed up so for this recipe I let the noodles cool a little bit before mixing everything together. This also makes the recipe nice and light, which makes it a great warmer weather meal.
- It’s a lower carb pasta recipe. I did use actual pasta in this recipe so it’s definitely not a no carb recipe but I just used half as much regular pasta as I normally would and then I subbed the rest for no carb zucchini noodles. If you’re doing no carbs you can just use zucchini noodles and no whole wheat pasta.
As much as I love the classic red pasta sauce, pesto sauce will always be my favorite. I just love how fresh it tastes and it goes perfectly with the crunchy zucchini noodles and sweet cherry tomatoes in this recipe.
Adding the avocado to the pesto make it so creamy but also keeps these pesto zucchini noodles entirely dairy free, which is how I’m eating these days.
I have to admit that I kind of hate the word “zoodles”. Do you guys say zoodles or zucchini noodles? Whatever you decide to call them I hope we can agree that they’re so good! Zucchini doesn’t have a ton of flavor but it adds a nice refreshing crunch and is the perfect way to add some extra veggies to your pasta dishes!
Recipe tips for Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles:
- If you don’t have a spiralizer you can either cut the zucchini into thin strips with a sharp knife or you can great the zucchini. This is the spiralizer I use and I love it!
- Unfortunately this recipe doesn’t do super great for leftovers because the pesto is made primarily of avocado so it will turn a little brown. It’s best enjoyed immediately if you can.
- As I said above, you can use either all zucchini noodles or all regular spaghetti noodles if you don’t want to use a mix of both.
- I spiralized my zucchini noodles on the smallest setting but you could use a different setting to make them a little thicker if you like.
- I left my zucchini noodles raw but you could sauté them in a little bit of olive oil if you want them a little softer.