A really flavorful and filling lentil soup!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups diced carrots, about 2 large carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5–6 cups vegetable broth, I like to use low sodium*
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots and celery and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and fresh ginger and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stir until combined, cover with a lid and simmer soup until vegetables, lentils and quinoa are all cooked through, 30-40 minutes.
- Enjoy soup hot or refrigerate up to 4 days.
*I like my soups to be pretty thick, so feel free to add more broth if you prefer a thinner soup.
2 Freestyle Weight Watchers per serving. 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points for 1/4 of the soup.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the soup
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg