This Curried Lentil Quinoa Soup is so full of flavor and protein! It’s great for a hearty winter dinner or lunch!
I have been sitting on this recipe for way too long! I actually made and photographed this Curried Lentil Quinoa Soup before the holidays. But, then I got distracted with holiday recipes and then it was January and I was focusing on meal prep recipes, and then it just felt way too warm here to think about soup.
But, today is cold (65 degrees 🙂 ) and rainy and seems like the perfect time to share this delicious recipe with you!
I have to be honest, I’m not a huge soup person, gasp. I’m learning to love it way more these days than I ever did as a child, but I still don’t eat it all the time. I do, however, love soups that are thick, flavorful and filled with veggies and some type of bean.
These might fall more into the stew category? haha 🙂 Either way, this Curried Lentil Quinoa soup is most definitely a soup I could eat every week! It’s hearty, filling and goes perfectly with fresh herbs and a side of crackers or toast.
I’m pretty sure I’ve gushed before about my love of curry powder, so I won’t bore you again, but I will say that a little dash of curry powder makes everything better! It gives this soup so much great flavor and really goes well with the lentils and quinoa. I hope you enjoy!Print
A really flavorful and filling lentil soup!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups diced carrots, about 2 large carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup uncooked lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5–6 cups vegetable broth, I like to use low sodium*
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots and celery and cook until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and fresh ginger and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, stir until combined, cover with a lid and simmer soup until vegetables, lentils and quinoa are all cooked through, 30-40 minutes.
- Enjoy soup hot or refrigerate up to 4 days.
*I like my soups to be pretty thick, so feel free to add more broth if you prefer a thinner soup.
2 Freestyle Weight Watchers per serving. 4 Weight Watchers Smart Points for 1/4 of the soup.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the soup
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg