An easy, filling and flavorful vegan one pot meal!
This might not be the prettiest meal that I’ve ever made, but it is one of the tastiest! Do you all cook with curry powder much? I didn’t start using it until a few years ago and now I can’t get enough of it. I think I’d pretty much eat anything if it had curry in it 🙂
And, it happens to go really well with quinoa, lentils and sweet potato, which happen to be a few of my favorite foods!
This meal is kinda in-between a stew and a quinoa bowl. It’s all cooked together with some creamy delicious coconut milk and veggie broth, but all the liquid is absorbed so it’s not quite a soup. It’s also a really comforting meal, but I’m hoping the one-potness of it makes it acceptable for summer too 🙂
These days, my favorite meals are ones I can just throw into a pot, stir a few times and then viola, dinner is ready! They’re easy, don’t require much work or attention and they’re pretty tasty too!Print
An easy and filling vegan one pot meal!
- 4 cups small diced sweet potato
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional garnish: chopped cashews, fresh cilantro
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and stir until combined. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer until liquid has absorbed and quinoa, lentils and sweet potato are cooked through, 50-60 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cashews and fresh cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 healthy sized portions, but could probably also feed 6 people with smaller portions. Nutritional information is for 4 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 1622
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g