This summery One Pot Vegan Caprese Pasta is so easy to make and only takes 30 minutes!
Happy June! It’s the first of the month and it also just happens to be 30 Minute Thursday! Not only do I have a 30 minute dinner recipe for you today, but I also have a one pot meal, which are quickly becoming my new favorites!
While it isn’t officially summer yet, it’s definitely feeling like summer around here so I’ve been eating like it’s summer lately! To me summer food means lots of fresh, juicy produce and quick and easy meals that don’t require an oven.
There’s also a plus if they only require one pot because all this summer heat makes me feel pretty lazy! You would think I’d be used to the hot temperatures by now, but every year around this time I dream of moving somewhere that has four seasons, rather than just perfect weather and way too hot weather 🙂
I hope you all enjoy this One Pot Creamy Vegan Caprese Pasta as much as I did! Make sure to check out the links below for some more delicious 30 minute dinner recipes from some of my blogging pals!
A delicious and summery one pot pasta recipe!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the water and milk to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Make sure to keep a close eye on it because milk can boil over quickly. Add the pasta and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir and reduce to a simmer. Cook until pasta is cooked through and most of the liquid has cooked off, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, remove from the heat and add the nutritional yeast, olive oil, cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil. Stir until combined and serve immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Not all recipes are vegetarian or gluten free, but some can easily be adapted.
Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Rigatoni by Pumpkin ‘N Spice
Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad Pizza with Fresh Strawberry Salsa by Floating Kitchen
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad by Life Made Sweeter
Blackened Fish Taco Bowls with Corn Salsa by Bake Eat Repeat
Vegetarian Portobello Mushroom Fajitas by Kristine’s Kitchen
One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta by The Recipe Rebel