A delicious and summery one pot pasta recipe!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the water and milk to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil. Make sure to keep a close eye on it because milk can boil over quickly. Add the pasta and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stir and reduce to a simmer. Cook until pasta is cooked through and most of the liquid has cooked off, 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once pasta is finished cooking, remove from the heat and add the nutritional yeast, olive oil, cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil. Stir until combined and serve immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: One Pot, 30 Minute, Dinner, Vegan