- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 up vegan mayo, or regular mayo
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 3 tablespoons small diced carrot
- 3 tablespoons small diced radish
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, sprouts, etc…
- Place the chickpeas and white beans into a medium sized bowl and mash with a potato masher until you have a slightly creamy mixture that still has some whole beans.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined. Serve on bread with desired toppings.
Recipe makes 4-6 sandwiches and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.