These Easy Chickpea & White Bean Salad Sandwiches are creamy and crunchy and come together in only 10 minutes! A delicious healthy lunch recipe!
So, I feel like I should be posting a bunch of holiday recipes right now, but I’ve just been over here eating these Easy Chickpea and White Bean Salad Sandwiches for the past week. Sometimes I come across a recipe that is so easy and so tasty that I binge eat it for longer than I would like to admit. But, when it comes to these sandwiches, I don’t think there is anything wrong with that!
I’ve been all about the quick and easy meals these days and these sandwiches fall right into that category.
Tuna salad sandwiches used to be one of my favorite things and these ones taste pretty dang close! Except they are made with chickpeas and white beans instead of tuna. I’ve made chickpea salad sandwiches before but the addition of the white beans adds a really delicious creamy texture. They’re also loaded with crunchy vegetables and some old bay to give them some great taste! Lunch will be ready in 10 minutes and will keep you feeling full all afternoon.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 up vegan mayo, or regular mayo
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 3 tablespoons small diced carrot
- 3 tablespoons small diced radish
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, sprouts, etc…
- Place the chickpeas and white beans into a medium sized bowl and mash with a potato masher until you have a slightly creamy mixture that still has some whole beans.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined. Serve on bread with desired toppings.
Recipe makes 4-6 sandwiches and will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.