- 1 cup basmati rice, or grain of choice (if using brown rice it will take longer than 30 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 (14 oz) package extra firm tofu
- 1–2 teaspoons Tamara or soy sauce or about 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup small diced carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, I used full fat
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: roasted cashews, cilantro, lime wedges, green onion
- Cook rice according to package directions. Once finished cooking remove from heat and keep lid on until ready to eat. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Pat tofu dry (you can press it if you like but that will take longer than 30 minutes) and cut into bite size pieces. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add coconut oil, tofu and tamari or salt. Stir, cover with a lid and let cook until browned, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and all the vegetables and cook another 3 minutes. Next, add the coconut milk, curry powder, garam masala and salt. Stir everything together well, cover with a lid and let cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Divide rice into 4 equal portions and top with equal amounts of coconut curry. Add any desired toppings you like and enjoy!