If you’re new to cooking tofu and you’re looking for an easy recipe that goes well with so many different dishes, you’re going to want to bookmark this Easy Pan Fried Tofu Recipe! I’ve been making it since I was a kid and it’s my go-to tofu recipe when I need something easy, flavorful and delicious!
- 1 (14-16 oz) package super firm tofu, or extra firm with the liquid pressed out
- 2–3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, or oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, optional
- Salt, to taste
- Remove tofu from the packaging and drain all the liquid off of it. Pat tofu dry and cut it into bite sized pieces. If you’re using extra firm or firm tofu, you will want to press it for at least 15 minutes to ensure most of the liquid is pressed out. This will give it a better texture.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 2-3 teaspoons olive oil. Next, add the tofu and the soy sauce. Mix everything together and let cook for a couple minutes without touching the tofu at all. This will allow the tofu to brown nicely. Flip tofu and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until all sides of tofu are browned. I like to add the granulated garlic when the tofu is about 2-3 minutes from being finished.
- Sprinkle cooked tofu with a little bit of salt and serve anyway you desire.
Serving size is about 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup of cooked tofu.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner, Vegan
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Pan Fried Tofu