These vegan black bean burgers are so easy to make and full of flavor!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1–15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained (or about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup chunky salsa
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, for browning burgers
- 6 hamburger buns, gluten free if necessary
- Optional toppings
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Process for 45-60 seconds, until all ingredients are blended together, but still a little bit chunky. Transfer mixture to a medium sized bowl and refrigerate for about ten minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and form mixture into patties. You will get about 4-6 patties, depending on the size you make them. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and place black bean burgers on. Refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Cook the burgers for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and heated through. Top with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
If grilling these burgers, refrigerator for an hour before placing on the grill