This Easy Vegan Gravy is rich and flavorful! It’s so easy to make and can even be made ahead of time.
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, I like to use soy free Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, or gluten free AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon vegan worsheshire sauce, optional
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter and herbs. Once butter is melted, add in the flour and mix until it forms a paste, about 30 seconds.
- Next, pour in the broth, whisk everything together and let gravy simmer until thickened. You’ll want to whisk often and it will take about 10-15 minutes. The thicker you want it, the longer it needs to be cooked. Gravy is best when served immediately.
Vegan Gravy can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, or freezer, until ready to use. Just dump into a small pot and heat until melted.